Admissions and Applying
Interested in learning more about getting into an Anthropology Masters program? Here is an Informational video about our program and applications for Fall 2021, and more videos about faculty research and application processes
If you are ready to apply:
Applications for the M.A. in Anthropology must be submitted online through Apply Now! on the Graduate School web site. You can consult the Admissions page from the Graduate School.
The Department of Anthropology only accepts graduate students for Fall admission. To be considered for a teaching or research assistantship, please be sure your application is complete by January 15. However, we will consider applications submitted up to July 15, but funding opportunities may be limited or unavailable.
Required for application:
- The online application.
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can comment on a candidate’s academic and professional promise, at least two from academic referees.
- A statement of purpose that discusses the applicant’s specific interests in anthropology and professional goals.
- Transcripts from all colleges or universities attended.
- An undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale is required
- An application fee.
- International applicants should consult the special information provided on the website of the Graduate School. Applicants whose native language is not English must demonstrate English language proficiency through an acceptable score on the TOEFL or comparable exam.
No GRE score is required.
The Department of Anthropology prefers that applicants have an accredited undergraduate degree or at least a minor in anthropology or closely related program; students who were not undergraduate majors in anthropology should have completed several anthropology courses. Interested students with limited or no background in anthropology should consider applying as a post-baccalaureate student, and gaining some background credits in anthropology before applying to the M.A. program.
Graduate Admissions: General information from the Graduate School at UNC Charlotte
For specific questions, you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on funding opportunities, please visit our funding and financial aid page.